It's so easy to get caught up in believing that life will never change. Especially if you are in state of mind, body, or spirit that you've been "stuck" in for a while, you may begin to take the idea acceptance as a state of entrapment.
Acceptance to a degree is about being present in what exists, but also accepting that you have power to affect all that happens in your power. Accepting your power is just as important as you accepting all that has occurred in and shaped your life.
Understand that it takes time though to find a balance between accepting the old and creating the new. The balance comes in also connecting to what it means to honor yourself.
Here are 7 reasons why spending TIME to find, connect and live your truth are important:
1. When you spend time alone, in silence, with your own thoughts, you actually learn about yourself. You can become aware of your thought patterns, how positive or negative your perspectives are, and what issues impact your mind the most
2. What you do, say and believe is so heavily impacted by what others have told you and what you read, watch and listen to, that taking time alone with no influence will actually help you sort out your own beliefs
3. Once you connect to what you believe to be true (your beliefs, every aspect of your personality, your "agreements") whether negative or positive, you can choose to erase, change, or improve what you've encountered
4. The clearer you can become in who you are and who you want to be, the clearer the vision you receive to go after the life you want becomes
5. Spending time to honor yourself and accept everything about you, especially your greatest lessons (let's stay away from the word "mistakes" because every experience can serve a purpose even if we're the catalyst) will increase your confidence about your own power and areas of weakness. When you know your weaknesses, you can build up your strengths, stay away from maladaptive people/situations and improve your life
6. Once you can connect to who you are, who you want to be, and what you want, you can live a life full of freedom from judging yourself and being affected by the judgement of others
7. Living life the way you see fit and connect to most deeply, will increase your overall health, sense of purpose, and allow to be an inspiration for others
Take the time to know your self. There can be a lot of pandemonium in around our lives but we must know that if decide to live through the truths of life around us, we will never be satisfied and feel whole. You will go after a life that was never meant to be yours. You will take dreams and talents to the grave that were meant to be shared with others. You may compromise your mental health and literally drive yourself to a place insanity, depression, anxiety or extreme stress.
To me, Women's Month is about really honoring women who decided to be themselves, fight for what they believed in and go after goals deep down in their hearts. BE Empowered to BE More and BE You!
By: Tiffany W.