I have been seeing a lot of posts about how people are copletely over 2016 and so ready for 2017. Even though I share some of those sentiments, I must celebrate great things that happened in my life in 2016.
Even though 2016 has been an emotionally exhausting and draining year for me, its been my most adventurous in a long time. I really wanted to do a 2016 re-cap, for you and for myself. As I was experiencing the best of life, I often times let the worst parts of it overshadow all the goodness that was going on. I truly had some amazing experiences, and with me being in an extended depressive episode nearly the whole year, it was often challenging to just be present. As soon as my magical expeirences ended, I went right back to sulking.
Here's some poitive highlights of my year:
- Attended 7 concerts
- 2 music festvals
- 4 broadway shows
-4 US States
- Big Sur
- Universal Studios
- Attended first MLS game
- Delivered a workshop for a bereavement event
- 29th Birthday
- hosted 2 empowerment brunches
- offcially registered BE as a business entity
- launched the BE UNLMTD apparel and accessories brand
How about major lessons?
- Baby steps is better than taking no steps at all
- If stress is a big part of your life, it will eventually show up in your body, so make to have tools and practices in place to take care of your self
- Asking for support and help will take so much of life's burden off your shoulders
- When you look back, you juts might fine more light than darkness
- Its ok not to settle, you will thank your self
- Its ok to not follow a plan or let life happen
- Nothing last forever, rain nor sun
The truth is, its not always easy to see the silver lining, and some times, you don't even want to consider that there is a silver lining. For the sake of growth, peace and future opportunities, choosing to look at the silver lining in life, is so beneficial.
You get to practive teh first commandment of love, Honor Thyself in a totally uniqie way. Yearly reviews and reflections teach us so much about time, change, and transformation. We get to choose to look at the big picture as well as the small details along the way. I know so many people that are "over" 2016, but in reality, if they take a month by month assessment of what has happened in tehir lives, I wonder would that judgement change.
Consider the pivotal conversations. Consider the connections. Consider the releases. Consider the aha moments. Consider the new goals. Conisder your overall perserverance.
We are often more resilient than we believe our selves to be; and we are often more prone to look at and romanticize our struggles as oopposed to our victories. Joy is a victory. Peace is a victory. The ability to commit to something is a victory.
Everyday is a new opportunity to commit to and create something and instead of lookiing at 2017 as one step, I will remember that it is the little steps along the way, that will make a greater difference in the end,
Check out my photos from some of highlights